The Black Tower
A town watchtower 285 ft. high, built in 1547-1555 by Master Anthony de Salla. On the top floor there was the keeper's flat, who would ring the alarm in danger of war or fire.
At night he announced the time on his bugle. From the gallery on the 5th floor there is a fine view of the town as well as of the hills of Sumava.
Text : Informační centrum Klatovy, www.klatovy.cz/icklatovy