The royal town of Klatovy was established by king Premysl Otakar II in 1260 on the site attached to a 13th century trade route, connecting Bohemia and Bavaria.
A town watchtower 285 ft. high, built in 1547-1555 by Master Anthony de Salla.
The White Unicorn Baroque apothecary It is situated in the square in a house of Klatovy pharmacists.
Subterranean crypt concealed under the Jesuit church was established during the church construction in the early 1770s.
Virgin Mary's Immaculate Conception and St. Ignatius' Jesuit church The most important building of the Jesuit order, working in Klatovy in 1636-1773
The oldest church in the town was established shortly after the town foundation in the late 13th century.
History of the church is closely connected with that of the Dominican monastery. The present-day church was built by the Dominicans after the town fire in 1689.
It was built at the same time as the Black Tower in the 1650s.
The building in the Art Nouveau style is one of the outstanding buildings of the early 20th century Klatovy.
The White Tower was built in 1581 as a belfry and entrance gate to a town cemetery, which was placed next to the Archdean Church.
The oldest monastery in the town built shortly after the foundation of the town.
480 ft. long two-storey building was founded in 1655 as a part of the Jesuit grounds (church, seminary, latin school).
The oldest part of today's town walls comes from early 14th century, however the first fortification was built as early as 1260, after the town foundation.
With the population of 23.000 Klatovy is the second largest town of the Plzen region. There is ample cultural and social life, visitors are attracted by a number of cultural programmes, exhibitions, concerts, lectures, feasts and other events.